Dr. Kam Yuen, creator of the Yuen Method of Chinese Energetics, is the modern equivalent of the ancient martial arts and healing masters of the Shaolin Temple. Dr. Yuen's training, which began in childhood in Hong Kong, included mastery of Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Praying Mantis, Seven Star Mantis, and Qigong. His innate ability to detect and use an opponent's energetic weaknesses to his advantage brought him legendary fame in the Western world of Martial Arts where he became teacher, mentor and healer to many, including gold medalist athletes, Hollywood stars, and authors.
Dr. Yuen's martial arts path shifted dramatically when he realized that hisTodd and Dr. Yuen Kung fu pose ability could be used to strengthen energetic weaknesses and eliminate pain. Thus, his Yuen Method is the combination of thousands of years of Chinese Energetics and Dr. Yuen's own innovative concepts and principles of energy corrections. His healing work, as well as the work of his students, has led to physiological, mental, emotional, psychological, psychic and spiritual changes that previously were not possible or even conceivable.
Dr. Yuen has an extensive and diverse background including:
- Technical Advisor to TV series, Kung Fu, and model for David Carradine's character, Caine.
- Doctor of Chiropractic, Nutrition, Herbology, Homeopathy, and Sports Medicine.
- Mechanical and Structural Engineer - research and development with Hughes Aircraft Company and Lockheed.
- Teacher at Shaolin West - Canoga Park, CA, UCLA, USC, Cal State LA, LA City College.
- Lecturer World Medical Qigong Conference- Beijing, China, Whole life and New Life Expos.
Dr. Yuen always emphasizes that it is the result of the technique not the person performing the treatment. This way of approaching healing on every level expands what has previously been thought possible.
The information on this page has been reprinted from the book Instant Pain Elimination on pages 149 and 150.
"Either your mind works for you or it works against you. When your mind works against you, you have a worse enemy than your most powerful adversary because it knows about all your personal weaknesses. Your most vulnerable points will be attacked relentlessly."